1964 Serro Scotty Hilander

1964 Serro Scotty Hilander

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Daryll here. Life is good. I don't have a lot of time but I just want to show what has been happening. The weather has been horrible but there was a warm enough day to paint, so I got my front made over. Here are some pics!
To the left is my exterior when I arrived. You can see my screws were all grimy and my paint was pretty bad as well.
So I was sanded down, my sticker that was barely visible was extremely difficult to remove, but it got done! I was masked to prevent overspray and then...

I went from the photo on the left to the one on the right. My screws have been replaced and my eyebrow and window polished up too! There's more to do but it is all dependent on the weather and time and if someone decides they want me as is. 99 says she will keep working on me until the right person comes along. I just can't wait to go camping!.

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Odds, ends, updates...

Here are some odds and ends and updates....

Wiring was completed for the rear lights and insulation was put in.

 This is the underside of the rear bed. Capeting was laid down. It still needs a good vacuuming and the original water tank is available but was not re-installed as some prefer the newer plastic ones. It's an easy install if one chooses to keep it.

The original emblems were sent out to be sandblasted and primed. Then painted using rustoleum red and black. The original plate holder was sandblasted, painted and baked. Then reattached and it lights up nicely!

Upper rear lights all lit up!

The rear is sealed. The window will need to be played with a bit and may require a new plastic insert as the old one was brittle. The insert goes into the slider to move the window up and down. These can be purchased. 

The lower lights work. The lights at the bottom will need new lenses.

99 started to remove the white paint over the hump and you can see the original blue. She was going to do the whole thing and then when her hands started to freeze she realized this was something that needed to be done indoors or in warmer weather.

The water inlet was sandblasted as well. It will need a cover and 99 is looking through her supplies in hopes of finding one she just knows she has somewhere!

The original bargmann door handle is in working order and comes with the keys. This is a relief because these can sell for over $200 to replace them! And that is if you are lucky!

The front emblem was sandblasted and painted and reattached. 

 I could use a bath that's for sure and hopefully my new owners will be able to spruce up my exterior a bit more, but I think I look much better than when I arrived. Here are before and after photos.

Below you will see the interior heat grate in the condition it arrived in.

It was pulled apart, cleaned with a wire brush on the inside until as smooth as possible and then repainted with rustoleum high heat black. The actual grate was sandblasted and primed. 

There are lots more odds and ends not covered but as you can see a lot of work has been put into me already for a major improvement!

Finally, here are some photos of my interior...