1964 Serro Scotty Hilander

1964 Serro Scotty Hilander

Friday, November 8, 2013


Daryll B. Aday The 1964 Serro Scotty Hi-lander







Greetings. My name is Daryll B. Aday. I am a 1964 Scotty Split Level Hi-lander. I was designed by John Serro back in 1964. He started out building a 16 1/2 ft trailer in his barn in Irwin, Pa back in 1956. It didn't go over too well. He hung in there though because he knew there would be a day when he would get his big break. So, next he built a 10ft teardrop. That one didn't roll either. Refusing to give up he came up with an idea while on vacation, left early and began to set the wheels in motion with the 13ft Sportsman. This one stole the show and he set to work building his company, The Serro Travel Trailer Company. I will tell you more about the company as this blog progresses.

Like I said, I came about in 1964 and it was the only year the Scotty Hi-lander was made with the bump, or sun deck, behind the door. The next year they were changed and the bump extended to the front of the door from that point on.

So, I guess you could say I am kind of a rare breed. Unique in my own right and a little bit different than the rest. Nothing wrong with being different, right?  My previous owner took the best care of me that he could. He has to move though and can't take me with him. So, today I will be on my way to my new home with this trailer girl named 99. I can't wait to get there. It will be sad to say goodbye, but I have a feeling there are good things in store for me. I just hope she likes me. I'm keeping my wires crossed that she does!! Not too worried though. I heard through the trailervine that 99 is a big sucker for old trailers and even though some of us are beat up her heart still beats for us. With wild passion is what I heard. So, I think I should do just fine.

I hope you will follow along on my journey. For now, here are some photos of what I look like before 99 gets her hands on me!!







I will get back to you on how my trip to my new home turns out. Just about time to hit the road. I am almost positive that my transformation will begin the moment I arrive. I've been well loved and it shows. But, I'm gonna be loved a little differently. I can feel it in all the way down to my axle! Yessiree, I am about to embark on a path that will bring me back to my old glory and I'm loving it!! I can barely believe it's gonna happen, but I do!! I just want to tell you that if you ever think that life is as good as it's gonna get, and you feel like giving up...don't. It's those who never give up on their dreams that realize them. They will come true. I promise. There'll be a day when it all pays off!

Sincerely,

Daryll B. Aday

2 comments:

  1. Daryll, you're in for quite a journey.
    I'm not a trailer person (meaning...I've never owned one nor experienced the "trailer experience" ) but, I happen to know who this 99 character is.
    I hear, through another vine, that she's the best around and cannot be matched when it comes to determination,skill, perseverance and mostly passion.
    You are in good hands my friend. Especially because,I know this for a fact, you happen to have the same last name as another love of her life......
    Oh yeah....you're definitely golden. Good Luck !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. I am deeply touched and blown away. Thank you for your confidence my friend. You are much too kind.

      Delete