1964 Serro Scotty Hilander

1964 Serro Scotty Hilander

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Anybody hawngree?

Well howdy ya'll! Daryll here again to clue you in on what's been happening down yonder in our neck of the woods! Did you miss me much? Jeet yet? Good, cause we is hawngree and we are fixin to get ready to make some fixins in me again! 

 Whenever 99 does up a trailer she always has one meal in it before she sends it on it's merry way. Well you caint have no dinner if ya' ain't got some nice surroundings. So, she set out to work on my dinette. When I plopped down in her driveway I wasn't so bad looking, but 99 thought I could use some fixin' and some sprucin'. I started out with white walls and camo upholstery. About as cheery and bright as a burnt out light bulb. Like this...

You can see I have some water damage from a previous leak on each side of the front windows. It's not too bad, but did cause the wood to ripple a bit. 99 sanded it down, filled in holes, and repaired me as best she could. Then she removed all my trim, table, and cushions. She stuck a flathead screwdriver through the cracks around the window to see if the brace boards were still solid and she felt this front wall just warranted a paint job and would not require taking out the whole wall. 

Just some of the trim that was removed and stripped and polished! Nice and shiny now!


I think if 99 had wheels she'd be the fastest streetcar around. She really shifted into high gear once she got started! I know sometimes she feels like the wheels are spinning but the hamsters dead. I am pushing her to keep on hanging in there with me though and we are making progress. Check it out...


  On the curbside bench seat the side facing was kind of rough so she ripped that off and built a new one. My aluminum trim was covered in white paint and kind of lost it's luster where it weren't all painted up. It's been stripped and polished.




My floor had some sticky tiles on it. She pulled those up too. Then scraped up the old glue with the help of some floor stripper.


After I was all cleaned up and repairs made...the paint came out. I surely was happy bout that. I was feeling nekkid as a jaybird stripped down like this. 99 can't stand to paint! She says she can shellac or varnish wood all day long, but there is something about painting that rubs her the wrong way. I think she would rather try to get socks on a rooster than paint. So, I was nice and quiet and kept to myself cause I could tell she didn't need me bugging her!



I still have those ripples in my wood. 99 calls 'em my wrinkles. Hey, I ain't no spring chicken ya' know. 

On one of our colder rainy days 99 set to work making curtains and covering upholstery. What da' hale is goin on here...I got me some polka dots! Big change from the camo! 

99 also decided to give me some oak trim accents. I believe I am starting to look as handsome as a spotted hog! Just for effect here is a before and after photo...



My table leg was rebuilt and a piece of oak cut for the triangley thingy. The nicely polished aluminum trim was put back in place using all new screws.








I'm a feelin' a lil blue over here, but 99 says it's all gonna come together and when she is done Ima gonna look mighty fine. God willing and the creeks don't rise, I believe there'll be a day right soon when I do!

Gonna leave you with this final thought: Whatever it is you believe in, always put some soul into it and have faith no matter how long or hard the road may seem! 
 It's all about soul

It's all about faith and a deeper devotion
It's all about soul
'Cause under the love is a stronger emotion
(Billy Joel, It's all about soul)

Time to get back to gittin 'er done now. Can't happen quick enuf for me because once I am done, I think I am going to find my soul mate. Could it be you?

See ya'll later gator!

Sincerely,
Daryll B. Aday

No comments:

Post a Comment